Thursday 26 February 2009

Lyme Regis


Not many words in this one, mainly pictures.
Wednesday I had a drive to Lyme Regis straight from work just in case I’m not here for much longer. Unfortunately it was grey, overcast and drizzly so I should have left it for another night.

The little lane is the way I go to work from my guest house; most of the roads are very small here so it takes forever to travel a small distance. My type of driving is not really suited for here. I took one of work from the car park and a little cottage which is also on my way to work.

All the others are from the sea side where I got fish and chips where they say that they are the best in town. It could well be true as I couldn’t find another one. They had no idea how to make or serve fish and chips English style as they were our overseas cousins. Never mind I will try somewhere else next time.

Lyme Regis is a lovely little town and very quaint with little windy roads, steep hills and lots of fossil shops. I have never seen so many in one place they must have had some remarkable finds in this area. Unfortunately none of the shops were open so I couldn’t have a look around. They all seemed to have plenty of dinosaur fossils in the windows so I guess I would enjoy a snoop around. There are some lovely little cottage style pubs but will wait for Claire to come down before I go in any. She keeps threatening to come down but no sign of her yet. I think she is enjoying renovating the flat too much.

No comments: