Wednesday 4 February 2009

Happy Birthday Charles and Georgina!

It’s unusual for me to write an entry when we haven’t been anywhere but just wanted to show you a couple of photo’s that I took recently. I eventually got my camera back from the menders following my accident at Louise and Mark’s party last year where I had slightly too much to drink.

Considering that we live smack bang in Milton Keynes city centre, most people find it surprising that we have views over grass and trees from all our windows. We even have squirrels from time to time. A couple decided to take advantage of the recent snowfalls to make their child’s first snowman. Rumor has it that the Mum is a mermaid.

Claire had her first interview today at a local estate agents and it was nice to see her getting ready and dressing up for it. She had to search high and low for some of her bits but it was worth it in the end. She doesn’t hold out very much hope as there was a real good response to the advert and they won’t be finished interviewing until late next week. Can’t wait until we get Claire’s flat back so I can get stuck into some real work again.

I decided to finish off my Open University degree in the next couple of years and my Evolution course will be officially starting at the end of this week. I have done enough first and second level courses for 2 degrees but to get a graded degree like a 2:1 you need to do 4 3rd level courses and I have only done one in the past.
We started getting course material before Christmas but only today was the first TMA (Tutor Marked Assignment) put on the course website so I can finally get down to answering it. The main book came the day before we went to Goa so I was able to read it all on holiday but I will be re-reading it section by section as I work through the course proper. This first reading was worthwhile as it has given me a good overview; even though I have since found out we don’t need to read the whole thing, only certain sections here and there. I will tell you a bit more about it in future entries but it was a good year to resurrect my studies with it being 200 years since Darwin’s birth in Shrewsbury and 150 years since “The Origin of Species” was published. Also, if I am going to be out of work, it’s a good time to be doing another course. In fact we are off to London tomorrow to the Natural History Museum where they have a Charles Darwin expedition on for his birthday on February 12th, exactly 200 years before my daughter Georgina’s birthday.

No comments: