Wednesday 21 January 2009

Random Stuff

Things have been pretty quiet so not sure what I’m going to say but I’ll have a go anyway and see what comes out. On Monday we pretty much stuck to the cabbage soup which although it tasted alright it wasn’t very satisfying and I felt hungry for most of the day. I was disappointed not to have lost any weight when I got on the scales on Tuesday morning. Phil and I went to the health-cub and as we sat in the steam room we decided that we need something more sustaining for lunch. Phil’s first choice was tipsy steak pie, 2 for 1 at The Giffard Park but I managed to persuade him to keep on the healthy route so we opted for baked spuds with tuna, sweet corn, onion and mayonnaise. I can’t tell you how good it felt to have solid food. These January days are so depressing though, deep down, I don’t think we are really serious about the diet.

Yesterday Phil made it to the health-club with me and we had a reasonable workout. We were a bit late and didn’t have time for a swim. You may not believe this, but honestly it’s true. After lunch I went to the OU to meet Janet for a walk around the campus. The sun was shining and it really was a beautiful day but that said, it was still quite cold. It was busy at the campus yesterday and there were cars everywhere. When I left Janet I drove the post office to pick up the post from the PO Box. There wasn’t much really to collect, just my credit card statement and a couple of bills.

I have been rather lazy these last few days with only one job application. I’ve applied for a job admin job at Stantonbury Campus. I like the fact that it’s only 39 weeks a year, I could handle that! I went to pick up the Tuesday Citizen but they had sold out so I shall just have to wait for the Thursday Citizen so I can search for more jobs. Normally on a Tuesday we would go to the cinema because it’s half price night but last night we didn’t go. We were supposed to attend the AGM at the Lionhearts Cruising Club in the church hall in Leighton Buzzard. You may remember that we got accepted as members way back in October but to date haven’t attended a single meeting. We were feeling a bit guilty about this and so decided we would make our debut at the AGM last night. Honestly we had every good intention but when I got out the Lionhearts December newsletter and read the items on the agenda and noted the fact that we should have gone into the clubhouse and selected the buffet item to bring to the meeting, I changed my mind. Phil ummed and arrhed about whether to go but in the end he agreed with me and said that we should make our debut in a more local arena and not the AGM. I wonder whether I am ready to commit to the Lionhearts?; I also wonder whether the Lionhearts are ready for me and Phil!

Today we’ve had a late start, having been disturbed in the early hours by the tenants living directly above us. They have been making quite a lot of noise of late and I suspect they have acquired a new puppy. Indeed last night as we were watching ‘Secret Millionaire’ we heard a dog yapping and someone saying “shush” before running up the stairs. I have no proof yet but if it turns out to be true and they are disturbing us, I will of course have to report them. It is against the leasehold rules to have a pet in the block, plus you know, I don’t think its fair on the dog. Watch this space, I hope I am wrong.

For now I must get on and start the day. Phil is sitting on the sofa in his pyjamas doing his daily Sudoku from his 2009 desk diary. If he thinks he is going to sit there all day, he has got another thing coming. There’s a list of jobs for him to do and he needs to get started. Even though he is jobless it doesn’t mean he has to turn into a complete slob. MEN!


Lazy men always loose though, check out the joke below!


A woman could never get her husband to do anything around the house. He would come home from work, sit in front of the TV, eat dinner, and sit some more -- would never do those little household repairs that most husbands take care of. This frustrated the woman quite a bit. One day the toilet stopped up. When her husband got home, she said sweetly, 'Honey, the toilet is clogged. Would you look at it?' Her husband snarled, 'What do I look like? The tidy-bowl man?' and sat down on the sofa. The next day, the garbage disposal wouldn't work. When her husband got home, she said, very nicely, 'Honey, the disposal won't work. Would you try to fix it for me?' Once again, he growled, 'What do I look like? Mr. Plumber?' The next day, the washing machine was on the blink. When her husband got home, she steeled her courage and said, 'Honey, the washer isn't running. Would you check on it?' And again was met with a snarl, 'What do I look like? The repairman?' Finally, she had had enough. The next morning, the woman called three repairmen to fix the toilet, the garbage disposal, and the washer. When her husband got home, she said, 'Honey, I had the repairmen out today.' He frowned, 'Well, how much is that going to cost?' 'Well, honey, they all said I could pay them by baking them a cake or having sex with them.' 'Well, what kind of cakes did you bake them?' he asked. She smiled. 'What do I look like? Delia Smith?'

No comments: