Wednesday 3 December 2008

New sofas


We are very pleased with our new sofas. They are not only the most comfy I have ever owned, they are the most comfy I have ever sat on. I should have bought something like these years ago and the price was very reasonable too.

MK city centre (where we live) have the usual Christmas decorations up and they are very nice too. We seem to nip over there several times a day now we live here, whereas before I would only venture a couple of times a year, except for the library.

Now I’m off work Claire forced me to start back at David Lloyd to try and loose a bit of weight. We went back yesterday afternoon and you know how hard it is to get going again after several months off. However, this time was different; I actually found a machine that I really like. It contains crisps and several different kinds of chocolate.

After my last entry Steve B saw that I was again looking for work so he emailed me some job search websites. Thanx Steve, the phone has hardly stopped ringing since I registered with them. I need a new phone as mine has seen its day and no longer retains previous dialed or received numbers. The charge also disappears very quickly even if the phone is switched off.

Since I have been off work I have taken over the kitchen duties and have been trying to cook tasty but healthy and non-fattening food. We had ginger coconut and lemongrass chicken and vegetable stir fry which was a bit on the hot side as I used those little Thai chilies. We bought some unusual vegetables from the market for it; most of which looked a little like sexual aids.

As it was Tuesday yesterday we had our usual excursion to the Odeon cinema. We prefer that to the ski dome as nobody uses it and we have the place to ourselves. Also it’s closer. On a Tuesday it is only £4 each which is a really cheap night out, especially as we take a couple of bottles of wine from home and get Scooby snacks from M&S. We saw “4 Christmases” which was Claire’s choice again because it started at 4pm and the one I wanted started at 6pm (What just happened). Although it was Claire’s usual type of film, it was quite good and amusing. In particular the script was realistically excellent and very well acted.

No comments: