Thursday 13 November 2008

A sight for sore eyes


Yesterday was a mixture of good and bad but mostly good. I woke up and my eye stye was even worse than the day before. In fact it got progressively worse as the day went on; I look like I’ve been beaten up. Phil was most alarmed that I wasn’t wearing my dark glasses when I picked him up from work especially as 3 of colleagues were hanging about outside their office building. The reason I wasn’t wearing them was because the light was already fading and with my eye practically puffed shut I wouldn’t have been able to drive.

I looked such a sight for sore eyes that I didn’t dare go to the health-club. To be honest I wasn’t feeling 100% so I hung around the kebab flat. I did manage to empty the wash basket, change the bed and catch up with the ironing. Lunch was an M&S moussaka which I can honestly say was disgusting. Even Phil who loves every type of food on this earth didn’t like it. I must do more home cooking. After picking up Phil for lunch and dropping him back at work I drove to meet Jan so that we could have a walk around the OU campus. It really was a glorious day and apart from seeing her briefly at David Lloyd early one morning, it was nice to catch up with all of her news. We had a very pleasant walk, a definite highlight to my day. After lunch I went to Lidl’s to get cleaning materials and toilet rolls and kitchen rolls. More joy.

After Lidl I dumped the shopping off at the kebab flat, cleaned my teeth and then made my way to the dentist in Two Mile Ash. Unfortunately in my hazy fuddled state I got the appointment wrong and was ten minutes late. My hygienist is a horrible mean cow that for some reason hates me with a passion; she doesn’t take kindly to lateness but she took one look at my swollen bruises face and for the first time ever, was quite gentle with me. After seeing Tina I made my way downstairs to see Andrew my dentist for my 6 monthly check up. He is the best dentist ever who truly understands my fear of dental work and he is the sole reason I go to the practice. Thankfully my gum disease is in remission and I don’t need any extractions which is always a relief to hear.

When I left the dentist my head was throbbing and I really wasn’t feeling that great. I drove over to the doctors in Newport but no surprises they couldn’t get me into see a doctor. They did say I could wait for an hour and a half to see if someone didn’t turn up but no could do because I had to pick Phil up @ 4pm and then he needed the car to go to Northampton to do the private girls school run. I went home and cooked up some lemongrass chilli chicken and pasta and then sat down and watched Golden Balls and No Deal with Phil when he got back.

Phil got picked up at the flat by Jimmy and they went to meet the rest of the Wednesday night crew at The Barge in Woolstone whilst I took myself off to see Vanessa’s with a bottle of wine. It was lovely to sit in the Fords lounge lit with lovely scented candles and chat to Vanessa over a glass of wine. I could only have a couple of glasses because I was driving, but still I always feel loads better when I offload my troubles to V and came home feeling much lighter. I’ve woken up this morning feeling better than I did yesterday and although the right side of my face isn’t so swollen my eye is even blacker. I think I shall have to seek some medical advice today as this whole face thing doesn’t look like its going away anytime soon.

No comments: