Wednesday 24 September 2008

She's leaving home

I can’t be certain but I am sure that the title of today’s blog is also a title of a song by Paul McCartney. If I could be bothered I suppose I could look it up on the internet but our connection is so slow it makes you want to kill yourself, so if you don’t mind I won’t make the effort. Today is the today that Harriet is officially leaving home. It is also the day that she and Shane fly to Fuertaventura for a 2 week holiday. She is so excited and I am wondering whether she actually got any sleep last night?

While Harriet is excited about her holiday, she is certainly not excited to be leaving the cul-de-sac. It will be the house that she misses and certainly not me and Phil. I have literally had to force HH to pack because she has been most reluctant. Yesterday afternoon after waiting for her to get up and get ready, I helped her pack her clothes into cases and empty out all the sweet papers, rubbish etc from her drawers and then drove to her dads house.

Her dad has brought HH a new 3 door wardrobe which she isn’t keen on because it doesn’t have mirror front doors like her one at home. Together we unpacked all her stuff and also set up the new LCD HD ready white plasma TV with built in free-view which me and Phil had to buy. This wasn’t a present as such because I told her this was for her Christmas & birthday and also she has had to chip in £100 because I wouldn’t normally spend so much on her! She wasn’t a happy chappy with this deal but went along because there was no way I was negotiating, “take it or leave it HH” is what I told her. Chris isn’t obviously into TV as much as were are in this house and has to get in someone to put an aerial in Harriet’s bedroom. This hasn’t been done yet so I was unable to programme in the new telly for her but this isn’t such a big deal because she’s away for the 2 next weeks.

Harriet is nervous about living with Chris which I can understand; after all I did live with him for 10 years, all of which is a dim memory now I am pleased to say. Phil’s thinks it will be good for the pair of them. As for me, well, I think it will be interesting. It should work as long as HH doesn’t expect to get her own way all the time and is prepared to compromise. We shall just have to wait and see. I need to go wake up her soon. Once she’s showered and ready, I shall follow her in my car so she can drop off her car at her dad’s and then I will drive her to Shane’s house and his mum will then drive them both to Luton airport. And then it’s Bye Bye Harriet……………….

No comments: