Tuesday 2 September 2008

Bye bye Summer

Before I start, I just thought I’d say that this photo is of no relevance to my blog today, I just stumbled across it on the net and liked it. I was searching for pictures of dreary rain landscapes in MK (as you do) and this is what came up on the search page. Pictures were taken by a day tripper who absolutely hated our concrete city. I hadn’t realised that the artist created the cows to signify MK’s widespread use of concrete in its construction. I thought the cows represented the lack of animals and farms in the city. Oh well, you learn something every day.

So much for an Indian summer that was predicted. The autumn is already upon us, what with the fog on Sunday and the down pours this morning it really is going back to school time ready for the winter term. The wind was blowing so much yesterday that Phil had to take down the new Homebase umbrella. I am looking forward to flying to Ayamonte tomorrow more than ever. As usual when on holiday, Phil will be blogging, assuming that is, that we can find an internet connection nearby.

Not much in the way of excitement to record about yesterday, having my hair done took away all of the morning. I nipped to the city centre to get a few last minute holiday bits and then went to see Denise at La Fitness for waxing. We had a viewing with Morgan’s at 5.30pm and I promised Phil I would be back in plenty of time. Unfortunately Denise was running late and Aaron from Morgan’s phoned when I was out, to bring the appointment forward to 5pm. I arrived back home just as the agent and the viewer were leaving. Apparently the guy that was viewing arrived before the agent so Phil had already showed him round our house before Aaron got here. The guy loved the house and wanted to rent it but he also wanted us to knock down the rent.

Phil, quite sensibly said he couldn’t make a decision without me. I don’t like being the cynical old hag that I have turned into of late, but it makes me wonder why a single Indian guy wants to rent a 3 bedroom house. I am thinking that he will be bringing his entire family over from Bangladesh and his ma will be in my beautiful immaculate kitchen cooking curry on the top of my lovely Italian Lofra oven. We’ve only been on the market for a few days so we’ve decided there is no way we’re coming down on the price. I think finding the right tenant for our home is going to be trickier than we originally thought.

Phil went into Rexam yesterday to see his boss about getting some work. He spoke to Jose who said they had lots of work on, but Phil’s boss was in a meeting so he didn’t get to see him. He made an appointment though and is going back into see him at 9.15 this morning. Not only is he going to see about getting some work but he is going to ask for a pay-rise as well. Oh the cheek of the boy but Phil says if you don’t ask, you don’t get, which is true enough I guess. Fingers crossed and if he’s successful that this will be the last holiday that we’ll be having for a while.

Next entry from Spain but for now adios mis amigo!

No comments: