Monday 1 September 2008

Just another weekend


Rather than spending another night in front of the telly last Friday we decided to. take ourselves to the cinema. It was a balmy evening so we decided to walk rather than take the car and Phil made me take this photo of him posing on the bridge. Earlier in the afternoon he’d been and had his hair cut and after a shower and a rare change of clothes, I think he was thinking that he was looking rather good! When we reached the city centre, Phil went into Sainsbury’s to get prawn and mayo sandwiches and crisps while I went up in the elevator to get the tickets. Unusually the queues were empty and I got 2 tickets for The Strangers without any waiting. I really wanted to see The Wackness but Phil as always insisted it was his turn to choose! The film was scary and I screamed the whole way through, which I think, gave Phil more pleasure than the movie itself! Although we’ve done it many times, we had an enjoyable walk home and were back in plenty of time to see the big brother eviction. Well Phil did, I did my usual trick and fell asleep. I really must try harder to stay awake after 9pm.

We had a call from Adam at Morgans arranging a viewing on our house on Sunday so most of Saturday was spent cleaning the house from top to bottom. When we finished we had just got into the car park in the health-club when Abduhlah phoned Phil to say that he had the move-in monies and wanted to meet up to sign the tenancy agreement. That put pay to a work-out so we jumped in the jacuzzi for 5 minutes, got showered and dressed and then drove over to Cranfield University to pick up Abduhla. It’s never straight forward when you do a move-in with a tenant that is new to the UK and Abduhlah was no different. All went okay though and I think he will be fine. Abduhlah asked me for a chip fat fryer so I told him I would drop off’s Phil’s electrical chip fryer which didn’t please Phil much.

Yesterday Phil picked up Georgina and went to see his mum and dad. He did clean the upstairs windows for me before he left though. No sooner had he left then the rain started. Sarah the prospective tenant turned up with a friend and I showed them round. Both girls must have been Harriet’s age and it shocked me that they were so young because I had been led to believe that the let was for a single lady. After a bit of digging, turns out that there is 3 of them that want to rent together. They seemed nice enough and absolutely adored our house but I don’t think I want 3 Harriet’s living here, besides that, I don’t think our house is right for them; what they really need is 3 double beds and 2 bathrooms. After bigging up Morgans last week I have to say that I’m a little disappointed. But its early days and I’m still not sure I’ve quite got used to the idea of moving out.

After the viewing I spent a lovely couple of hours in at Saks beauty salon at David Lloyd. I was booked in with Lindsey for an eyebrow wax and ginger and lime body exfoliation. Lindsey was good and certainly knew her stuff. I have been feeling and looking like shit recently and it was nice to relax and be pampered for a change. Lindsey finished by giving me a free oil head message which was so relaxing I could have gone to sleep afterwards. Only down side was that after I came out I looked like I hadn’t washed my hair for a year, it was so greasy.

It would have been nice to just chill out when I got home but there was cooking to be done. However I still felt relaxed from my treatments and and it was just lovely to have the house to myself. Today is going be a walk in the park as well. In preparation for the holiday I am off to get my hair done this morning and this afternoon I am getting all my bit and pieces waxed. Pain and certainly not pleasure. But sometimes a girls just gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.

No comments: