Friday 30 October 2009

A week that hasn't gone to plan


And so we come to the end of another week. I’m afraid it hasn’t been a terribly exciting one for me. I felt pretty rough at the beginning of the week and Phil still wasn’t 100% I am really
starting to panic about going away but Phil is more laid back than ever. His OU material for h
is new course arrived on Monday and I keep catching him reading it. We had an agreement that he would action the things on my ‘to do’ list and when he could tick all the jobs off, only then, would he be allowed to get stuck into his course.

The clocks going back last Saturday night has
really messed up my system.
On Tuesday morning I was in the land of the living at 3am. I got up for a wee then went back to bed to TRY and get back to sleep. I tossed and turned, and then the mind started thinking and before long I’d managed to wake up Phil.
In the end I got up and went downstairs to make a cup of tea. Before long Phil was up and abo
ut and downstairs reading his emails in the conservatory. What a pair.


This week was meant to be all been about jobs in the house but we’ve come to Friday
and it hasn’t quite gone to plan. I wasn’t happy with the tiles in the cloakroom which had lifted slightly from the leaking sink not reported by our tenant. Phil levied the tiles out and got a heater directly on the floor to dry it all out. This morning he will lay the new tiles and tomorrow he can grout it.
We had lots of paperwork jobs on Tuesday but in the afternoon the sun was shining and I managed to cut the grass one last time before the winter. I’m quite fond of the autumn season; the reds and the oranges on the falling leaves, glittering in the sunshine is so pretty. We’ve been lucky to get such mild weather for this time of year. But the forecast says it will not last. Phil suggested late into the afternoon on Tuesday that we go to the pub for a team meeting. At first I said no, but I was just about done in so, I grabbed my bag and we walked along the canal to The Giffard. I got out my filo-fax in the pub and we agreed a schedule of works that needs to be done before we fly away and I came away with my mind feeling much lighter. Unfortunately Phil seemed to have forgotten our plans and on Wednesday morning, rather than get stuck into the jobs on the list Phil had his head stuck in his OU study book. MEN!!!!!!!!! So much for team work!

Yesterday we went to the NH house and unplumbed the washing machine and dismantled the dining room table. When we got back home we turned off the water and got out the old washing machine. To turn off the water, Phil had to get out the cooker to get to the pipe; it was filthy behind the oven so I had to give that a good scrub. It was so good behind the washing machine when that came out, so again I had to get down on my hands and knees and scrub. I don’t mind cleaning, and at least now I know everything is clean, even in places that I can’t see behind. Phil met Jon (man with van) at the NH and they loaded on the washing machine, dining room chairs and tables and brought them back to the cul-de-sac.

As Jon and Phil were unloading, Sandy pulled up in her silver car. She came over to see what we were up to and I invited her in for a glass of wine. Several glasses of wine and 5 hours later she left. We got absolutely lashed in the kitchen and talked about all kinds of stuff. I haven’t really caught up with Sandy for about a year so there was much to talk about. Ever since we moved to the cul-de-sac, I have always had a connection with Sandy. She is a gall, a rough diamond with a big heart that doesn’t take life too seriously. God knows how she got up for work this morning. I’ve got the mother devil of all hangovers and didn’t get out of bed until 10 o’clock!! I haven’t done this since I was a teenager. How naughty am I??? Got to get going now though, Harriet is due round for lunch at midday and she will not be impressed.

No comments: