Wednesday 8 July 2009

All Speed Ahead


The weekend has long disappeared and we have been busy. Phil got stuck into finishing the tiling in the bathroom at the OB flat on Monday morning whilst I got on with the domestics at home. The house needed a good going over and I changed both the double beds. Eights loads of washing and ironing in total. I got the cases out from under the bed and packed for the holiday. I managed to fit in Jill’s curtains and blinds and even with all of our toiletries we are still only weighing in at 15kg per case. I am tempted to fit in a few more things but there is just no more room in the backpacks. In the afternoon Phil got stuck into his OU assignment and I went shopping for supplies.

On Tuesday we were both round at the OB flat at the crack of dawn. Phil had left his mobile there and when we turned up he had 3 missed calls. Two were from Ampthill Glass checking to see whether there would be someone at the flat to let them in so they could start on the double glazing. Phil phoned Ian first thing and he said “don’t worry, my boys will turn up” and sure enough Champ and another guy pulled into the drive just before 8am.

I went to the gym after I finished my bits at the flat. Phil said to me “it’s alright for some” but I ignored him; we pay a silly amount for our David Lloyd membership and from now on, I intend to make use of it. Lunch was frozen homemade curry out of the freezer and some easy cook pilau rice. In the afternoon I went shopping – B&Q, Homebase, Pound Stretcher, Post office to get the PO Box post and lastly, the City centre. Phil went to Wolverton to get a much needed haircut and while he was there, he popped into Nationwide to do a change of address. He also managed to buy a bath panel from B&Q and when he got back he fitted a new light in the kitchen. All we need to do now is to buy and fit a new kitchen door and that will be the NH kitchen sorted.

I meant to go to the OB yesterday afternoon and get some photographs of the new windows. I can’t wait to see them, I have been wanted to get these windows changed for many years and now the moment has arrived. Good old Ian from Ampthill Glass has given us 3 of his best men and by Friday all 3 flats will be finished. (Photo’s to follow later this morning).

Need to be short and sweet this morning. Shaun phoned last night to say that delivery of the fence panels could be anytime between 7.30am and 4.30pm so I need to be there to receive and sign. This morning I need to finish the glossing in the bathroom, Phil needs to fit the smoke detector and the shower rail and curtain and he also needs to fit the bath panel which is a job he is not looking forward too. We phoned Morgan’s yesterday and Adam is meeting us at 10.30am at the OB flat to give us a rental valuation. If we can agree a rental price and a fee, Adam can get the flat advertised for rental and hopefully can a tenant whilst we are away. The pace needs to quicken from now on in and we need to pull our fingers out to finish all of the jobs before we meet the agent on Friday. All speed ahead………..

No comments: