Friday 6 June 2008

Wisdom Teeth & Big Brother

Harriet won't let me take a photo which is a shame, but I can't help but blog about her operation. Poor girl, she was very brave with the local she had for the wisdom tooth removal but she was on such a high when I went to see her in the recovery room. She was asking the dentist to bottle up 'the local' so she could take it home! Bless, I had to almost carry her to the car.

I stayed home with her, ready to cater to her every whim and need, but she was very cool and laid back until the pain really kicked-in about 7pm. She went to bed around 9pm (as did I) but she was up in the early hours (as was I) because Phil woke me when he staggered to bed around 2.45pm. He had consumed a few sherbets in anticipation of the Big Brother launch but unfortunately he'd had a few too many and missed mostly all the programme. Never mind, he had the sense to record it and we've just viewed the launch of the housemates tonight. What a weird bunch of people!






This is a quickie; we've been knackering ourselves with the tiling in the garage and its taken us all week. It looks great but its been back-breaking work. As I blog now its, 8.30pm, we've showered and packed in the last 2 hours before Phil's mum and dad arrive around 5am to whisk us off to Germany (or us them) for a week tomorrow. Talk about last minute! As I said, this is a quickie and I'm sorry for no photo's.

Hopefully we will find a good Internet connection and Phil can blog until his hearts content. For the record, we have one week in an apartment bang on the Rhine. To be honest, I am looking forward to it; Phil is a man on a mission and I need him to slow down! But for now I have to sign off. More from us next week from Deutchland.......

No comments: