Thursday 28 May 2009

Good News!


Good news; yesterday afternoon we got the call from Sally our solicitor to say that we have exchanged. Thank god! The papers say that house prices are going to drop another 10% this year so our sale on the kebab flat has come in the nick of time. We still think we've undersold and our buyer has got a bargain but thats by the by. And actually the sale hasn't come a moment too soon. When I got back from the NH time sometime after 5.30 last night there was an Eo-ON electricity man changing the old meter for a new one for the boarded up flat next door which is boarded up no more. There was a young lad hoovering by Mr Electricity man and a quick chat confirmed that he was moving in. I asked him if I could have a quick nosey in his flat; don't ask me why, I think its because this flat has been boarded up for so long that I wanted to see what dark secrets lay behind. Anyway, I got into the lounge-cum-bedroom and there were 4 lads lying on the floor smoking skunk. I had a quick look in the kitchen and then made a quick exit back into our flat and locked the door. Last night was quiet but believe me, I think trouble is to come. Now I can't wait to escape! Our completion date is a week tomorrow.

No comments: