Monday 20 April 2009

Kingfishers at the Mish Mar

Not very much to report this time as we have been taking it easy since I last wrote. The last two days I have spent drinking Kingfisher at our favourite beach shack the Mish Mar whilst watching the Chinese GP qualifying and race. For once the time difference was in our favour as China is only 2 and a half hours ahead of us here in India so it started at 12.30, just right for a beer or two. Another unusual race with Red Bull dominating the weekend in both wet and dry conditions. We saw Hamilton up and down the running like a Yo Yo and almost Force India’s first points but it was not to be. Today we were there early and I had my favourite breakfast of tea, fresh squeezed orange juice and pineapple pancake with honey. Really nice with the fresh pineapple they put inside. Considering we spent all day there and also we both had lunch and beers all day with me sitting in prime spot right in front of the tv the whole bill came to less than £15. Not bad for breakfast, lunch and a skin full for two.

I put a photo in of the sign warning people not to swim whilst under the influence of drugs etc. If you double click on it should open up larger but basically it tells you that if you find yourself in trouble, just hold your hand up and they will come to rescue you. The water is so rough that you can’t even stand up straight. It’s noticeably warmer than at Christmas as well. It is not even refreshing to go in because it’s too warm. The main benefit you get is when the water is evaporating when you come out. Normally we walk miles along the beach but not this time, its far too hot for that. I seem to spend most of my time trying to keep out of the sun.

You can see the lifeguard station in the photo of Claire from the beach shack, we don’t have far to walk from our bike. I put a photo of the bike in as well because I keep forgetting to. Now we are in Majorda again we are going into the Majorda Beach resort to use their internet rather than driving to Colva. We told you last time, when we were staying there, that they were to be taken over by Marriott and renovated but nothing has happened yet, I think they will wait for the monsoon now. Everybody remembers us wherever we go from the gate house to the front desk to the bars. I noticed they still have the same menu at the same prices there as well so we must get to eat there while we are here; it may be our last chance.

The laundry let us down yesterday and hadn’t finished our clothes and they are shut on Sunday so I ended up wearing my last shirt to the beach. Claire spotted one of the sellers and negotiated a good price on two local but very large shirts for me so I could last until Monday.

The other photo is of an unidentified fruit tree close to our accommodation. They look like giant pea pods of some sort. Maybe someone could let us know what it is?

Well I suppose that I will be entering this entry whilst Claire has here first beauty treatment on Monday morning so that is when you get to read this. We also get e treatment each in with the package during our stay at “Soul Vacation” but I guess Claire will use them both and I know what you are thinking but it’s not true. Claire does not need them more than me.

It’s really getting quiet here now as most people have gone home now. I think that we are the only ones at our hotel now so we have the pool to ourselves. I have just about caught up with my OU now and still have a week to go so maybe I will get chance to get ahead again before I get my next job away or we start a renovation project again. We still have our “bike day” to come and I just bought a map from a boy on the beach ready to plan our trip. I know that Claire doesn’t particularly like thinking about this day but usually she is happy afterwards as something always seems to happen to us on these journeys.

Almost forgot to say that they are allowing the beach sellers to sell on the beach again. When we were here at Christmas it had been stopped and we first thought for the better as you don’t get hassled by them but on reflection I prefer it when we have them, it just didn’t feel the same when they had gone and for some of them it is their only form of income.

No comments: