Tuesday 26 August 2008

Never trust a thin Chef!

Nor a naked one for that matter!!!! Oh this photo has to be my scoop of the year! It was Phil’s birthday on Sunday and I couldn’t believe my luck when he quite happily agreed to put on his birthday present apron on the prefix to see if it fitted. I had the fore sense to take out my camera when I took up his cards, presents, cup of tea and chocolate biscuit. Actually in his defence I have to say it was very early, he was barely awake and was suffering with a hangover from a very late night the night before. I hadn’t thought I was taking anything cheeky; it was only when I downloaded my images onto my PC that I remembered the full length mirror wardrobes behind. Great bum though, don’t you agree??!!

Steve Pem phoned me up earlier in the week to ask me if I had made any plans to celebrate Phil’s birthday. As you know I haven’t been much in the mood for partying of late and I told as much to Steve, but nonetheless, we arranged to go out to the Thai restaurant in Newport Pagnell on Saturday night. Steve, bless him picked us up from our house and we arrived at the restaurant bang on the dot of 7. Phil and I had only been to this restaurant for lunch and that was on the day before we left for our mega trip in India. We only ended up at this restaurant because Robinsons were fully booked and couldn’t fit us in. I seem to remember that the food was good but the service slow and our waiter couldn’t understand us.

I am pleased to say that the food was very good on Saturday and so was the service. My only regret was opting for the spring rolls and not having my usual favourite, the Tom Khai soup, for a starter. I always think I am going to try something different when we opt for Thai food but 9 times out of 10 its always Tom Khai soup and green chicken curry. We all had a good time and it was nice to catch up with Mads and Steve. Shame Steve had to drive especially as after we finished the meal we ended up back at our house for a few more drinks, well for me and Mads and it was quite late by the time we all got to bed.

Unfortunately we had a viewing at the CCF flat at 10am so after tea and chocolate biscuits we had to jump in the shower quick and scoot over to meet our potential tenants. Mr and Mrs Singh and baby boy turned up on time for our appointment and quite liked the flat. Mrs Singh is a surgeon at MK hospital; she’s only been there for 2 weeks so they don’t know Milton Keynes very well. They are only looking for a short term rent because currently they live in London and their dishwasher caught fire and burnt down their kitchen. They need somewhere close to her work while their kitchen is rebuilt; he works in Hemel but I’m not sure what his job is. We shall know today for sure whether they want the flat for certain. Fingers crossed we’ve got a deal.

Phil spent his birthday at home, reading the Sunday papers, eating and drinking and watching the telly. He was excited as it was the first grand prix in Valencia and he had been really looking forward to watching it. I cooked a roast dinner and we slobbed out all day. There was some mention of a walk along the canal but it just never happened. We didn’t do much yesterday either, a few flat jobs and some paperwork. We’ve got to up the anti today however; my ‘jobs to do' list is as long as your arm and in a minute I’ve got to clean the house from top to bottom before the estate agent arrives. He is coming to give us a rental evaluation but I’ll tell you more about that plan tomorrow. For now, I must get up and get my arse in gear.

1 comment:

Jim Robb said...

Happy Birthday Phil, older than me again!